Having gotten more than enough fish the previous days, the last day for the most part was a travel day. I did wet my line early in the morning near camp just to see if I could get on to rise. No luck as it was still to cold. After breakfast and some packing up we made our way out but not before checking out the meadow area. The conditions were sorry and water low and all I saw were fingerlings. I did see two fish rise that I casted to but considering I was fishing a size 12 and 5x tippet it was futile. The water here was barely moving and a long 7 or 8x may have been more appropriate. My gear still in the truck, having only grabbed my rod, I decided to call it quits. I figured the fish were not big enough for me to bother rerigging. Additionally we wanted to get out of there as soon as possible so we could avoid the Sunday traffic.
Post a Comment